Friday 23 September 2011

Ereaders Podcast

Information can be easily shared across the internet using podcasts. The podcast in this blog post is from an imaginary series called Tech Time. Its purpose is to keep librarians up to date with emerging technologies.

The technology used to create the podcast was Audacity software, with the audio file uploaded to SoundCloud.com and shared via Blogger. Audacity is open source software that is simple enough for children to use yet powerful enough to produce sophisticated audio files.

In this podcast I produced two tracks - a music track and a voice recording. I faded the music out then in again to overlay my voice introducing the Tech Time episode. I then cut the remainder of the music and generated silence on that track while I continued recording my voice on the second track. At the end I pasted and trimmed a suitable section of the remaining music to finish the podcast.
 

Music: 'Stroll in the Park' by Steve Glotzer

No comments:

Post a Comment